How To Fix Boot up Freeze/Hang (PROBLEM!): Lenovo Updates Hang T61

TIP: You should click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system speed.

A lot of users experience difficulties in installing Windows software updates. Most of the time, the update error message doesn’t tell you anything helpful to fix the issue. One the most common update error is “Windows could not search for new updates” plus an error code “80240442”. Updates are important as they deliver hotfixes, security patches and other improvements. Therefore, it is vital to install them when they are available.

Microsoft has streamlined the update process in the recent versions of Windows. However, this does not mean that update errors are totally out of the picture especially with issues relating to compatibility.

If you have turned your computer on and you noticed that Windows will not start, you are experiencing a Boot Error. Some of the reasons why your Windows fail to start when your system partition is corrupted, has missing files or damaged. Once you encountered a boot error, you will see messages such as these:

• Reboot and select proper boot device
  • Bootmgr is missing
  • Missing operating system
  • FATAL: No bootable medium found! System halted
  • Error loading operating system
  • Invalid partition table

Some versions of Windows can recover from these problems by automatically running a Startup Repair. Otherwise, you can manually use the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot the problem.

From the Forums

A user in the forum details it further:

I installed Norton Ghost  yesterday and the same problem happened again. I recently updated my system with the latest Lenovo Updates including a BIOS update. The hard drive then stops loading and the laptop freezes.

It's not a hardware issue with my laptop because when I don't do the updates and or install certain programs, my laptop does not freeze on boot-up. Then my computer booted but all I got was a wallpaper my Windows Vista black bar and 3-4 icons loaded on the left tray. I think it might possibly a Lenovo software issue or a BIOS issue. Is there anyway to revert back to my old BIOS?This is what happens when I do the Lenovo updates or install programs like Norton Ghost: Computer boots up, loads wallpaper and Windows Vista Black Bar, about 3-4 icons load up on the tray on the left hand corner then the hard drive stops loading and everything freezes.The computer works perfectly fine when I don't install those updates or install Norton Ghost.

I recovered my computer to original the factory settings and it booted up perfectly.

What causes Boot up Freeze/Hang (PROBLEM!): Lenovo Updates Hang T61

It is important to always run a system diagnostic scan when Windows Updates fail to download or install in order to pinpoint the root cause of the problem. Microsoft provides a troubleshooter for Windows Update related errors that will detect the problem and most likely can automatically fix it. However, there are always these type of errors that are hard to pin down.

Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot the problem and fix it.

1. Clear up your Temporary Files and Internet Cache and reboot.
  2. Disable your Firewall and Anti-virus software.
  3. Use the Microsoft’s Windows Update Troubleshooter to reset Windows Updates settings to defaults.
  4. Flush the Software Distribution Folder.
  5. Reset the Catroot folder.
  6. Boot in Clean Boot State and run Windows Update again.

Seeing that Windows fail to boot can be stressful but there are several ways on how to fix boot errors. Most cases of boot errors will instigate Windows to automatically run a repair setup. It will scan problems and try to fix it up. Another way is to boot from the Recovery Partition or the Windows Installation Media. Your computer has a special recovery partition that enables you to boot in the Windows Recovery Environment. There is no need for a physical disc.

However, some computers do not have a recovery partition hence the need to use a physical disc containing the Windows installer. If the two options fail to work, you can drop to the Command Prompt at the Advanced Options page to fix the problem.

More info on Boot up Freeze/Hang (PROBLEM!): Lenovo Updates Hang T61

RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system speed.

T440 - Win 8.1 - Freeze / hang after updates

And when the system is idle the problem shows. Thank You! Can you try clean booting your system and see if error persists, look for the event in Event Viewer.  

None of this things worked.I like to know if this problem is happening to somebody else?I belived it's something with the Windows updates and Lenovo.I came to two conclusions, when not used wireless.

the problem is not happening.

Lenovo G560 hang, BSOD, and hang at POST

Maybe try removing the Intel driver,and let Windows install a driver.Then see if it happens again.And you should call Lenovo support I think.

Eventually it will BSOD, the exact message I do not remember but something like a 'system process or thread failed to run'.

Purchased and Lenovo G560 in July and so far this has happened 3 times:The system become unresponsive, the hdd activity light goes out or stays solid, Windows programs crash and no other programs will start. It also is using the latest drivers for other devices from the Lenovo website or intel website.This has happened with 2 differnt harddrives, both function perfectly fine in other machines.

Should I return this ASAP? The hanging at post seems to suggest this but it happens so infrequently and I can't reproduce it at will. I've run memtest and swapped out the RAM with other sticks.

The crash dump fails to write to disk and it reboots and hangs at POST. Hard powering down and powering back up lets it boot fine.At first I thought it was a bad intel rapid storage driver, but I am now using the latest one from the intel website and it occurred today. I am using the latest BIOS for this machine and it is a relatively clean install of Windows.Is this likely a hardware issue?

verifying dmi data then boot on cd hang at time hang a pc

like a ubuntu live cd or something. if there are a lot maybe try a different disk to boot. verifying dmi data then boot on cd hang at time hang a pc, i cant windows xp new installation what a solution this problems examine the disk for scratches.

Lenovo Y700 hang/Freeze when playing games

I just received the new laptop 4days ago.Based from the event log, this is due to the SensorDataService. Anyone knows how to fix this? Ive encounter the hang/freeze 4x already and you cant do anything but to press the power button to turn it off/on. Below are the errors ived encounter based on the event log:1.)The description for Event ID 0 from source SensorDataService cannot be found. Its possible the some software corrupted this file.

You can install or repair the component on the local computer.If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.The following information was included with the event:failed to create config file 2.)Faulting application name: SensorDataService.exe, version: 10.0.10586.0, time stamp: 0x5632d3b5Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.0, time stamp: 0x5632d193Exception code: 0xc0000374Fault offset: 0x00000000000edfacFaulting process id: 0x226cFaulting application start time: 0x01d15f9b15b44709Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\SensorDataService.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dllReport Id: 693cc6e5-9017-4a21-b76a-bfa9970c462cFaulting package full name:Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Seems like this is a windows file and the reasons could be as wide as corrupt registry entry to a corrupt windows installation.

Intermittant boot up/Hang/Freeze issues

I built my PC a couple of years ago (AMD 2400+, 512 MB PCW2700 Ram, 2 x 120Gb HDD, RW+ DVD burner and numerous USB additions. The PC does some or all of the following:

1) Freezes during the night (I have housekeeping jobs like anti-virus and spyware detection, as well as file backups (using 'second copy' - great piece of S/Ware - 5yrs old, and no need to update it)

2) Overheats, even for an AMD - 55C is not uncommon
3) VBat (?) exceeds parameters, but seems not to harm the PC

4) This is the killer - SOMETIMES, I can reboot fine, sometimes I have to switch the PC off at the mains for 5-10 minutes, and sometimes I have to switch off at the mains AND press the reset button to (soft-boot ?) 2-4 times before the PC will stop hanging in the boot phase

The PC always gets going in the end, but sometimes the PC clock is out by a few hours, days or even years

Any thoughts as to what the problem might be ? (I'm thinking temperature, but am open to suggestions)

Cheers - Nick D

If the clock is off, you should try replacing the CMOS battery expisally with an old PC

Could be corrupting what the BIOS is storing
Now, the problem is this.

ok here goes...

Freeze/hang problem..

Anybody know why this could be happening? I did a google search and other people were experiencing the same problem but there were no solutions. Play detective:

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
http://www.theeldergeek.com/shutdown_issues_in_xp.htm
Install the Microsoft User Profile Hive Cleanup Service.

For info, discussion and links: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowshutdown.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q308029

After about 15 minutes of my computer running, when I go to Start and click "Turn off computer", the cursor changes to the hourglass and freezes for about 10 minutes before the box comes up to shut down, etc.

WindOws 7 FREEZE/Hang problem

What should i do??

Windows 7 starter Frequently Freeze 50-60 times in a day in ACER 5745, 2GB RM, 500GB HDD. What should i do??

Quote: Originally Posted by Manish143

Windows 7 starter Frequently Freeze 50-60 times in a day in ACER 5745, 2GB RM, 500GB HDD.

I have installed windows many times but still hanged... I have installed windows many times but still hanged...

Notebook Freeze/Hang/Crash Problem

I have the following problems with my Gateway 4540 GZ notebook (Centrino 1.5Ghz, 512 Ram, 80 HD). I do not know what is causing the problem. During a freeze, the mouse cursor will not move, and system does not respond in any way. Freezes occur when connected to network/Internet, but no program or activity seems to cause it.

It is unclear to me whether there is a software/driver problem or a hardware problem, and formatting would cause me to lose many files which I desire to keep. Cleared start-up programs to no avail. Please help me work through this.

Occasionally, (inexplicably varying from start-up to start-up,) wireless network card is not visible in Device Manager. I REALLY need help here, as of right now, the PC is almost useless. Even hitting CAPS LOCK does not light up its corresponding LED light. The problems began approximately one week ago.

I am unsure why the wireless network adapter appears and disappears at random. Freezes occur when the wireless connection or the ethernet is connected. I have taken good care of this notebook. I do not believe the notebook is still under warranty.

Entire computer remains frozen until a power cycle. I am sending this report to Gateway but I do not have much faith in their support. Problem seems to occur when connected to network/Internet. The freezes occur almost randomly, as long as there is a connection to network/Internet.

Virus check (Symantec) and spyware check (SpyBot) yield no problems...

Which Forum is Most Appropriate for My XP Slow/Freeze/Hang Problem?

If your lappy was suffering from overheating, at least we could ascertain that with random power shut-down events. If your cpu and other resources aren't being overwhelmed with some sort of continuously running recurrent application(s) then we can go from there. Another app is called miniToolBox. XP32 requires a certain amount of free HD space.

i think you will only need to check a few options using that app.

I am onto the second attempt to figure out what is going on with my notebook.  I am running XP, and I have done extensive work in with a moderator in the "Am I Infected" area.  I thought to try that first, but we didn't find any viruses and we did all we could do to clean up my computer, but there still seems to be some other explanation for my original problem.  The moderator there suggested I come hang out in another forum and see if someone could help me figure out the issue and resolve it.

For many many months (Perhaps a year or longer now) I have had a terrible time with my notebook.  My system is Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.  I have a 144GB C Drive capacity with 51.1GB free, however; I only recently downloaded a lot of photos and videos onto my notebook, which used a significantly larger amount of disk space than was previously used when this problem began.

My computer moves, for the most part, at a snail's speed.  It is frustrating/bordering o...

Cold Boot Hang 7 hang up

I think a got the same Pb with Vista 64 bits, but a it was more random. I dont know what to change .... then i reboot the comp , i got the message to run the troobleshooter or start windows manually. how about your hard drive?

I choose the second option, it boots normaly. Are yours up to date? ps : sorry for grammar.

Some one has already got this bug ? I dont have this problem if i put on standby , it wake up OK.
-------
If i boot With F8 , in safe mode , the computer hang on the ClassPNP.sys.
-------
So googled a bit, it seems to be a trouble caused by windows having pb with handling APIC or AHCI. i use a 3 ware raid card ( see my profil ) . When i start my computer from scratch, it boots and when i got the 4 colors of the windows logo that go together, it hangs.

moreover i dont use the integrated SATA. So ACHI is not pb ? This is a problem with system drivers.

lenovo g570 hang during startup and also take long time to boot from usb and cd drive....

i have windows 7 and it has problem with the startup and i have tried everything including advanced repair option, loading fresh window but its not working. it hang during startup..... Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Let me know your findings.

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today?

Lenovo Thinkpad T400 staryup problem/hang

Alright so, my mom gave me a laptop its a lenovo thinpad t400 she gave it to me cause it was broken and had the startup problem hang. First I did the hold the power button for 10 second interval then 30 seconds. Then it hanged. When it ran out of battery it turned off.

Forever. So i tried doing all the things that I did in ghe past and now it doesent work at all. Little did I know that the frickin battery was broken also with very fast battery loss. She fixed it for 3,500 pesos in the philippines.

Also while the battery was broken it had a glitch when it is plugged in whenever i turn it off it automatically turns on. Alright so, after 2 weeks I turned on my laptop, did my usual business, put on the battery, plugged out the charger, continued. After I did that it worked again and I also tried pressing the thinkvintage button and it also worked. After 2 weeks it happened again and I didnt want to tell them that its broken again, so I searched for a solution on how to fix it.

So when it turned off of loss of battery it tunred on autmatically and went to the startup screen. Btw ythe usb ports are also fine its not broken or anything. Its now just hanging in the startip screen and I cant do xxxx.

When she gave it to me it was finaly working.

Boot Up Hang Problem during RAM Check

I have the SOYO P4-X400 Motherboard that uses AwardBIOS. I am wondering if there is a problem with the Motherboard, RAM, or just a plain BIOS issue. After roughly 20 minutes it all of a sudden read the RAM like normal, read the IDE Devices and then froze again for about 15 minutes when the OS should begin. Then it all of a sudden read the OS (Windows XP) and boot up and once I got into Windows everything worked like normal.

I have used this computer for almost 2 years with minimal problems. I tried the obvious things like switching the RAM to another channel, trying another stick of RAM I had, booting with No RAM, reseting the CMOS data by using the jumper feature and still no effect on boot. Today, my computer started freezing up when I tried to open "My Computer" and I decided to manually restart the machine.

Upon restart, BIOS read the video card, read the processor (P4 2.53GHz) and then froze when it got to the point of reading the RAM (Kingston ValueRAM 512MB PC3200 DDR400 2.6V). Paul

I am not overclocking and I have never had a problem like this before. Please tell me if there is anything you can do to help.

my computer became hang plzz help som1 to prevent from hang

my laptop somtime became hang plzz help mesystem descriptionToshiba satellite A200os=windows7 32bitram=1gbprocessor= intel(r) Pentium(r) Dual cpu t2370 @1.73ghz You need to provide more information on the specific problem (EXACTLY what happens, when does it happen, what led up to it, etc).

G580 many lag and shot hang and some time continuos hang

I just bougth my laptop 3 month ago. When lag or short hang  happens to me, the mouse cursor becomes completely uncontrolable and circulate around its self. Scan the HDD for defects using the Lenovo HDD Diagnostics. and it did not make a difference.

I have a G580 i5 2.40Ghz.

thinking update driver would help, I also updated Intel HD and nVidia driver.... that I launch every day. Nothing out of the ordinary.I formatted this machine, thinking it could something wrong with the O/S ... It could be as simple as opening a new webpage ...

or launching a normal program. Since you've already reformatted the PC, try to:

1. I have owned various Lenovo machines since and I've NEVER had this problem before with any other machine! ...................I see whole of topic that are same as my problem I do what they do but my problem doesn't solve. As an alternative, you can use HD Tune to check for bad sectors on the HDD.

Let me know your findings.

Cheers.

win7. 32 bit. Perform a clean boot - this makes sure there's no application on the background that's causing the lag spikes.
1. The important part is, nothing major may be running, nor did I do anything major on the machine.

specialy my problem is very simillar with topic "T410: lag spikes/short hangs/unresponsive system" that solve his problem .

FREEZE: What's the hang up?

I mean, it stops responding. I typically have 20 or more windows open during the day with things that I am currently working on (websites, etc.) or Office files that I am using (job hunt). But occasionally, I find that my start menu is frozen. What should I be doing to figure out the cause of the freeze?

I mean, it stops responding. Worse, I use my computer a lot. I can sometimes close out a visible windows (hit the X in the corner), but not always. But when I look at the eventlog, today, the only event of the last hour was an informational message "The system uptime is 240801 seconds."

No other events appear until the time that I had to hit the power button and force a shutdown.

I typically have 20 or more windows open during the day with things that I am currently working on (websites, etc.) or Office files that I am using (job hunt). I can sometimes close out a visible windows (hit the X in the corner), but not always. OK, I'm a mean old user that often does not reboot for days.

My Windows 7 Ultimate installation has been hanging lately. I don't mean crashing. There is a known problem and BETA hotfix read here. I don't mean crashing.

Now, typically, I walk away from the computer, and when I come back everything is fine and I just continue working were I left off. OK, I'm a mean old user that often does not reboot for days. What should I be doing to figure out the cause of the freeze? But when I look at the eventlog, today, th...

freeze/hang

Freeze & Hang!

I have WindowsXP on a Dell PC, 3yrs old. This happens most when I am on FaceBook & FarmVille. I don't know what else to try? After all this, it might be better for 5-10 minutes, then problems start back up.

Then, run the Spyware Doctor that I just purchased, Restart. I also use Incredimail. Computers just generally get slower over time, and filling the HDD with junk makes it even worse.

I have TrendMicro Internet Security & recently purchased "Spyware Doctor".

Open for tips! It happens other times, but most when on FB & FV. I have done all the regular things: Defragment, Clearing History, Cookies, etc. (in IE), Disk Clean.

How long have you had your computer? Started about 2 months ago with bad hanging & freezing.

Freeze/hang in IE v 7

Then right click on Internet Explore toolbar, click on Save Node and all sub nodes as.. Any suggestions what may be the cause and fix? These show up in event viewer as event 1002, category (101). then when the save box appears type in ActiveX Objects.txt and click Save.

Now right click on ActiveX Objects, click on Save Node and all sub nodes as.. Save it to your desktop. then when the save box appears type in IE toolbars.txt and click Save. Wait until it is complete.

You should now have StartupList.exe double click on it. then when the save box appears type in BHO.txt and click Save. Open up the folder where Startuplist.exe is stored and locate thes files, please post them in your next reply:BHO.txt
ActiveX Objects.txt
IE toolbars.txt
IE buttons.txt

Extract the files.

I'll find I'm getting IE 7 to hang when opening multiple windows. Last one, right click on Internet Explore buttons/tools, click on Save Node and all sub nodes as.. then when the save box appears type in IE buttons.txt and click Save.

Right click on Browser Helper Objects (BHO), click on Save Node and all sub nodes as..

Auto Restart and touch screen hang problem since purchase of lenovo Zuke z1

It causes inconvenience to me as my schedule is busy and service center is approx 35 km away from my native place. It is a very disappointing and making harassment of customer.

I bought lenovo Zuke Z1 in may 2016 and since purchase it has Auto Reboot and touch screen hang issue. I want refund against my handset. RegardsChetanAggarwal9996679192

Rohtak service center replace handset touchscreen with latest software update and problems remain unresolved.Main parts had been replaced and problems are unresolved.

Handset has become like new device. I visited Rohtak service center approx 7 or 9 times and I got only software update without job sheet and problems remains unresolved.  in March they created job sheet to replace motherboard but after replacement problem remains unresolved and issue increased as no work of finger print sensor, battery overheating, low battery back up, improper assembly, without back camera lens and I complaint for it to lenovo via email. I got mentally disturb as I am not able to use my handset and I am getting frustrating and disappointed lenoto service. Lenovo representative Mr.

But problems are as it is. I wrote application for refund and I have sent reminders to lenovo but no  reply received. Zahed assured me over telephone to resolve all issues on next visit to Rohtak service center. I complaint again to lenovo via email but...

LATEST TIP: You should click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system speed.

Recommended Links:

(1) Download (Boot up Freeze/Hang (PROBLEM!): Lenovo Updates Hang T61) repair utility.

(2) Boot up Freeze/Hang (PROBLEM!): Lenovo Updates Hang T61

(3) T440 - Win 8.1 - Freeze / hang after updates

(4) Lenovo G560 hang, BSOD, and hang at POST

(5) verifying dmi data then boot on cd hang at time hang a pc

Note: Manual troubleshooting of Boot up Freeze/Hang (PROBLEM!): Lenovo Updates Hang T61 is only recommended for advanced computer users.Download this automatic repair tool instead.